Sensodyne - Bad reaction

55 of 90 Sensodyne reviews

I decided to try something new over a month ago and bought the Sensodyne Repair & Protect.After about a week of use the inside of my mouth got really sore and I developed what I believe were ulcers on my tongue.

The worst thing was getting dry cracked skin on the corners of my mouth. I didn't notice the connection between the toothpaste and my symptoms until a week after that, so I used the product for about 2 weeks total. Anyway, it's been a month since I stopped using the toothpaste and I STILL look like I've got two portwine birthmarks on the side of my mouth the size of dimes almost. In the past month I could barely open my mouth because of the dryness and cracking.

This whole experience has been horrible.I don't think I'll be using Sensodyne toothepaste ever again.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

• Cracked lips

Reason of review:
Bad quality
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Product or service
Sensodyne Repair And Protect Toothpaste
Review category
Cosmetics and Toiletries
review #729493 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Sensodyne? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 0 No 0
Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
55 of 90 Sensodyne reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Nov 09, 2015 #1060965

this isn't sensodynes problem, it's yours. With so many chemicals and mystery ingredients it should be common practice to test the new product on your skin before going ham with it. Learn from your mistake, don't make bogus complaints because you had a bad reaction to a new product.

1 7 Reply

Nov 09, 2015 #1060985

Yes, it IS Sensodyne's problem. As consumers we trust companies to provide us with products that won't harm us. They should know better than to put harmful chemicals in their products and then sell those products. Remember, I'm not the only one who's had a bad reaction from this particular toothpaste.
You claim that I made a mistake. I made NO mistake. I used a product I thought was SAFE. It was not.
Bogus complaints ?? What bogus complaints ?? I used a product I'd never used before and then I had a reaction I'd NEVER had before. What's the ONLY thing I did differently? Used a new toothpaste. When did my symptoms go away? AFTER I stopped using the toothpaste. WHAT caused my symptoms?? The TOOTHPASTE. What bogus complaints ????????????

7 1 Reply

Nov 10, 2015 #1061626

Use you're brain, dipshit. Rational people would realize that switching products abruptly could cause unexpected reactions. Ever use a new lotion or shampoo that made you break out? Because I have, and I've learned my lesson to either stick to what I know won't affect me or to test new products on a small portion of my skin. You and "many others" may have had a reaction, while millions of others use it with no reaction.
You have a brain right? Learn from YOUR mistake. Sensodyne isn't going to do anything for you because you're an ***.

0 11 Reply

Nov 10, 2015 #1061638

Dips**t?? Well, aren't you a class act. I've used many new products before and I've never had a reaction such as this. NEVER. It's the product.
I'm not an ***. I just wanted to let others know of my experience with a certain product. Consumers deserve to know. That's the purpose of sites like this one.

6 0
Shelia

Aug 29 #1205372

I had a similar reaction when using this toothpaste! The first time I used the "repair and protect" toothpaste it made my gums super sensitive. I discontinued use and switched back to Sensodyne extra whitening and regular Sensodyne formula which I have successfully used for years. I recently ran out of my usual Sensodyne paste and all that was available for purchase was the "Repair and Protect" product formula. I reluctantly decided to try it again, and just as before it made my gums sensitive, red, and swollen. But, the second time around this paste caused a stronger reaction than before. Every taste bud on my tongue felt burnt and my lips became very dry and cracked and red colored. For some reason, I cannot use this formula and will never do so again!

1 0 Reply

Nov 08, 2015 #1060457 Dallas, Texas, United States

Really are u kidding me?? It's not the toothpaste it's herpes honey...

0 4 Reply

Nov 08, 2015 #1060469

Excuse me, but I know the difference between a bad reaction caused by toothpaste and a cold sore caused by herpes simplex virus-1. The corners of my lips were cracked and bleeding and started with the use of the Sensodyne toothpaste (which I'd never used before) and didn't begin to heal until AFTER I stopped using the Sensodyne.
I'm the one having the experience not you, so don't tell me that you know better than I do.

2 0 Reply

Nov 08, 2015 #1060473

ANGULAR CHEILITIS
Unlike with oral herpes (a mouth condition often mistaken as angular cheilitis), which has but one cause—the herpes simplex virus, angular cheilitis can be triggered by numerous factors. That’s why, there’s no single treatment that’s effective for everyone. This means that what works for one person may not work for another. Finding a suitable treatment that gets rid of the problem from the root cause is the key. But before you can do that, you need to find out what that specific cause is.
Below, you’ll find a quick rundown of all the possible causes and triggers of angular cheilitis.
-Nutritional deficiency, often of iron and B vitamins
-Poorly fitted dentures
-Cold and dry weather -Bad hygiene -Fungal, bacterial or viral infection -Use of expired cosmetic products (why not toothpaste with irritating ingredients/chemicals ??) -Certain medical conditions such as Plummer-Vinson syndrome -Weak immune system FOUND AT: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/jamespattrick/view/what-you-don-t-know-but-should-about-angular-cheilitis-575865

3 1 Reply

Nov 08, 2015 #1060475

ANGULAR CHEILITIS
-Nutritional deficiency, often of iron and B vitamins
-Poorly fitted dentures
-Cold and dry weather -Bad hygiene -Fungal, bacterial or viral infection -Use of expired cosmetic products (why not toothpaste with harmful ingredients/chemicals ??) -Certain medical conditions such as Plummer-Vinson syndrome -Weak immune system http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/jamespattrick/view/what-you-don-t-know-but-should-about-angular-cheilitis-575865

1 0 Reply

Nov 09, 2015 #1060990

What I have is angular cheilitis. Angular cheilitis and cold sores are NOT the same thing although it can look the same. Cold sores are cause by herpes simplex type 1 and angular cheilitis has many causes including using things like using toothpaste.

2 0 Reply

Nov 19, 2015 #1066430

I wouldn't react to anonymous. He/she is a cretin with no medical knowledge or sense. He is just pulling your chain. I have also had a reaction to Sensodyne's Pronamel although it is not as severe as Lori1212's. I have had burning of my lips, my tongue (especially the tip), the inside of my mouth, swelling of my uvulopalatial area and throat, exacerbation of my asthma (I suspect) and the symptoms are abating with the stoppage of use of this product. I had recently started using it exclusively whereas before I had alternated products that I brushed with. It also affected the taste of my food and I had lost my appetite.

6 0 Reply

Nov 07, 2015 #1059899

So?

0 3 Reply

Nov 14, 2015 #1063998

Wtf is wrong with you anonymous??? You have some major *** issues. You sound like you work at sensodyne and are extremely offended that your product sucks ***

4 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Sensodyne. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Sensodyne.
Filing a new complaint about
×