1.3K views
Featured Resolved

I decided to try something new over a month ago and bought the Sensodyne Repair & Protect.After about a week of use the inside of my mouth got really sore and I developed what I believe were ulcers on my tongue.

The worst thing was getting dry cracked skin on the corners of my mouth. I didn't notice the connection between the toothpaste and my symptoms until a week after that, so I used the product for about 2 weeks total. Anyway, it's been a month since I stopped using the toothpaste and I STILL look like I've got two portwine birthmarks on the side of my mouth the size of dimes almost. In the past month I could barely open my mouth because of the dryness and cracking.

This whole experience has been horrible.I don't think I'll be using Sensodyne toothepaste ever again.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person stated that there is a room for improvement of burning sore mouth and ulcers. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss bad quality of sensodyne toothpaste. Sensodyne needs to offer any options to resolve the issue according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned sensodyne toothpaste in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Sensodyne.

Comments

I started using Sensodyne tooth pasted about 3 weeks ago and have developed sores in my mouth.This is something I have never had.

It's very painful. I've lost 5 lbs already from not eating. My taste buds are shot. I taste matalic all the time.

After I read some of the remarks here I'm almost sure it has to be the tooth paste.

Going to the Dr.for the second time tomorrow

this isn't sensodynes problem, it's yours. With so many chemicals and mystery ingredients it should be common practice to test the new product on your skin before going ham with it. Learn from your mistake, don't make bogus complaints because you had a bad reaction to a new product.

to Anonymous #1060985

Yes, it IS Sensodyne's problem.As consumers we trust companies to provide us with products that won't harm us.

They should know better than to put harmful chemicals in their products and then sell those products. Remember, I'm not the only one who's had a bad reaction from this particular toothpaste.

You claim that I made a mistake. I made NO mistake. I used a product I thought was SAFE.

It was not.

Bogus complaints ?? What bogus complaints ?? I used a product I'd never used before and then I had a reaction I'd NEVER had before. What's the ONLY thing I did differently?

Used a new toothpaste. When did my symptoms go away? AFTER I stopped using the toothpaste. WHAT caused my symptoms??

The TOOTHPASTE.What bogus complaints ????????????

to Lori1212 #1061626

Use you're brain, dipshit.Rational people would realize that switching products abruptly could cause unexpected reactions.

Ever use a new lotion or shampoo that made you break out? Because I have, and I've learned my lesson to either stick to what I know won't affect me or to test new products on a small portion of my skin. You and "many others" may have had a reaction, while millions of others use it with no reaction.

You have a brain right?

Learn from YOUR mistake.Sensodyne isn't going to do anything for you because you're an ***.

to Anonymous #1061638

Dips**t??Well, aren't you a class act.

I've used many new products before and I've never had a reaction such as this. NEVER. It's the product.

I'm not an ***. I just wanted to let others know of my experience with a certain product.

Consumers deserve to know.That's the purpose of sites like this one.

to Anonymous #1399410

So you have made the same mistakes and then call others stupid. No wonder your a coward behind the curtain. LOOSER SISSY

to Lori1212 #1205372

I had a similar reaction when using this toothpaste!The first time I used the "repair and protect" toothpaste it made my gums super sensitive.

I discontinued use and switched back to Sensodyne extra whitening and regular Sensodyne formula which I have successfully used for years. I recently ran out of my usual Sensodyne paste and all that was available for purchase was the "Repair and Protect" product formula. I reluctantly decided to try it again, and just as before it made my gums sensitive, red, and swollen. But, the second time around this paste caused a stronger reaction than before.

Every taste bud on my tongue felt burnt and my lips became very dry and cracked and red colored.For some reason, I cannot use this formula and will never do so again!

to Anonymous #1399407

It's pretty *** up how you are a no name.I got angular chellites from sensodyne.

So it's obvious your too ugly to care about your body or you work there.Maybe you should brush your *** mouth with dog crap ***.

Dallas, Texas, United States #1060457

Really are u kidding me?? It's not the toothpaste it's herpes honey...

to Anonymous #1060469

Excuse me, but I know the difference between a bad reaction caused by toothpaste and a cold sore caused by herpes simplex virus-1. The corners of my lips were cracked and bleeding and started with the use of the Sensodyne toothpaste (which I'd never used before) and didn't begin to heal until AFTER I stopped using the Sensodyne.

I'm the one having the experience not you, so don't tell me that you know better than I do.