1.1K views 13 comments
Featured on Facebook Resolved

I decided to try something new over a month ago and bought the Sensodyne Repair & Protect.After about a week of use the inside of my mouth got really sore and I developed what I believe were ulcers on my tongue.

Related: Sensodyne Toothpaste Review

The worst thing was getting dry cracked skin on the corners of my mouth. I didn't notice the connection between the toothpaste and my symptoms until a week after that, so I used the product for about 2 weeks total. Anyway, it's been a month since I stopped using the toothpaste and I STILL look like I've got two portwine birthmarks on the side of my mouth the size of dimes almost. In the past month I could barely open my mouth because of the dryness and cracking.

This whole experience has been horrible.I don't think I'll be using Sensodyne toothepaste ever again.

Review about: Sensodyne Repair And Protect Toothpaste.

I didn't like: Burning sore mouth, Ulcers, Cracked lips.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Sensodyne Toothpaste
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Bad quality / Not specified
Preferred solution Let the company propose a solution

Had an Experience with Sensodyne?

Comments

this isn't sensodynes problem, it's yours. With so many chemicals and mystery ingredients it should be common practice to test the new product on your skin before going ham with it. Learn from your mistake, don't make bogus complaints because you had a bad reaction to a new product.

to Anonymous #1060985

Yes, it IS Sensodyne's problem.As consumers we trust companies to provide us with products that won't harm us.

They should know better than to put harmful chemicals in their products and then sell those products. Remember, I'm not the only one who's had a bad reaction from this particular toothpaste.

You claim that I made a mistake. I made NO mistake. I used a product I thought was SAFE.

It was not.

Bogus complaints ?? What bogus complaints ?? I used a product I'd never used before and then I had a reaction I'd NEVER had before. What's the ONLY thing I did differently?

Used a new toothpaste. When did my symptoms go away? AFTER I stopped using the toothpaste. WHAT caused my symptoms??

The TOOTHPASTE.What bogus complaints ????????????

to Lori1212 #1061626

Use you're brain, dipshit.Rational people would realize that switching products abruptly could cause unexpected reactions.

Ever use a new lotion or shampoo that made you break out? Because I have, and I've learned my lesson to either stick to what I know won't affect me or to test new products on a small portion of my skin. You and "many others" may have had a reaction, while millions of others use it with no reaction.

You have a brain right?

Learn from YOUR mistake.Sensodyne isn't going to do anything for you because you're an ***.

to Anonymous #1061638

Dips**t??Well, aren't you a class act.

I've used many new products before and I've never had a reaction such as this. NEVER. It's the product.

I'm not an ***. I just wanted to let others know of my experience with a certain product.

Consumers deserve to know.That's the purpose of sites like this one.

Shelia
to Lori1212 #1205372

I had a similar reaction when using this toothpaste!The first time I used the "repair and protect" toothpaste it made my gums super sensitive.

I discontinued use and switched back to Sensodyne extra whitening and regular Sensodyne formula which I have successfully used for years. I recently ran out of my usual Sensodyne paste and all that was available for purchase was the "Repair and Protect" product formula. I reluctantly decided to try it again, and just as before it made my gums sensitive, red, and swollen. But, the second time around this paste caused a stronger reaction than before.

Every taste bud on my tongue felt burnt and my lips became very dry and cracked and red colored.For some reason, I cannot use this formula and will never do so again!

Dallas, Texas, United States #1060457

Really are u kidding me?? It's not the toothpaste it's herpes honey...

to Anonymous #1060469

Excuse me, but I know the difference between a bad reaction caused by toothpaste and a cold sore caused by herpes simplex virus-1. The corners of my lips were cracked and bleeding and started with the use of the Sensodyne toothpaste (which I'd never used before) and didn't begin to heal until AFTER I stopped using the Sensodyne.

I'm the one having the experience not you, so don't tell me that you know better than I do.

to Lori1212 #1060473

ANGULAR CHEILITIS

Unlike with oral herpes (a mouth condition often mistaken as angular cheilitis), which has but one cause—the herpes simplex virus, angular cheilitis can be triggered by numerous factors.That’s why, there’s no single treatment that’s effective for everyone.

This means that what works for one person may not work for another.

Finding a suitable treatment that gets rid of the problem from the root cause is the key.But before you can do that, you need to find out what that specific cause is.

Below, you’ll find a quick rundown of all the possible causes and triggers of angular cheilitis.

-Nutritional deficiency, often of iron and B vitamins

-Poorly fitted dentures

-Cold and dry weather -Bad hygiene -Fungal, bacterial or viral infection -Use of expired cosmetic products (why not toothpaste with irritating ingredients/chemicals ??) -Certain medical conditions such as Plummer-Vinson syndrome -Weak immune system FOUND AT: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/jamespattrick/view/what-you-don-t-know-but-should-about-angular-cheilitis-575865

to Lori1212 #1060475

ANGULAR CHEILITIS

This means that what works for one person may not work for another. Finding a suitable treatment that gets rid of the problem from the root cause is the key.

But before you can do that, you need to find out what that specific cause is.

-Nutritional deficiency, often of iron and B vitamins

-Poorly fitted dentures

-Cold and dry weather -Bad hygiene -Fungal, bacterial or viral infection -Use of expired cosmetic products (why not toothpaste with harmful ingredients/chemicals ??) -Certain medical conditions such as Plummer-Vinson syndrome -Weak immune system http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/jamespattrick/view/what-you-don-t-know-but-should-about-angular-cheilitis-575865

to Anonymous #1060990

What I have is angular cheilitis. Angular cheilitis and cold sores are NOT the same thing although it can look the same. Cold sores are cause by herpes simplex type 1 and angular cheilitis has many causes including using things like using toothpaste.