I visited my dentist due to pain in my teeth while eating hot or cold foods and drinks, they said I had hyper sensitive teeth. They gave me a tube or Sensodyne Rapid Relief and for a whole week I used this twice a day without fail.

The first few days seemed to be fine but then I developed mouth ulcers, burning gums and pain while brushing and couldn't figure out what was causing this.

I stopped using the toothpaste and the ulcers are beginning to heal but my mouth is still very tender. This is not what I expect from a brand leader like Sensodyne and this needs to be looked at as a matter of urgency by the company.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

I’ve used Sensodyne for years with no issues but Fall 2018 I started using Rapid Relief. I started having mouth pain and sores but it took a while before I realized it was the Rapid Relief causing the problem.

Due to some traveling I stopped using RR for a couple of intervals at which time my mouth started to feel better only to get worse again when I started using RR upon returning home.

I stopped using RR and the issue went away. I will not use RR again.

I have had same issue. Started using Sensodyne Rapid Relief at dentist's recommendation about a month ago and have had very sore gums and keep developing mouth ulcers.

Finally made a connection in the last few days so I decided to research if it is happening to others. I am going to tell my dentist not to recommend it to anyone else!

I've been getting mouth ulcers for weeks. I only started putting the pieces of the puzzles together when I realized my ulcers went away while I was traveling not once, but twice in the last 3 months.

I use regular sensodyne in the travel sized tubes when I go out of town, so that was how I made the connection. SEVERELY disappointed in the company, considering I'm not alone in this.

This is happening to me too. Extremely irritated gums.

Starting to spread all over gums. So glad I came to look this up.

I hope there is no lasting result from this . Very disappointed in this sensodyne product

This has happened to me too - very painful mouth ulcers - top & bottom gums -sore gums & lips Have stopped using this product now for a week & symptoms have started to dissipate - very disappointed with this product

@Soremouth21

I used this toothpaste for a month before I started having the same issues you did. It took me a week to figure out that is was this toothpaste.

I started using my old toothpaste last night but my mouth & lips seem worse today!

How long did it totally take for your mouth to get back to normal? Thank you!

This happened to me as well.Very, very painful gums, tongue, and sides of my cheeks. Made it difficult to eat and talk.

Took me a week and a half to figure it out. So much pain and still healing.

Sensodyne Reviews