I have lesions all over my mouth and throat, but I didn't link the pain and lesions to Sensodyne. I went to the dentist who diagnosed lichen planus, an auto immune disease that cannot be cured and was warned that the lesions could cause oral cancer.

I saw an oral surgeon to confirm, and then a medical dermatologist who confirmed lichen planus. There is no treatment, but was prescribed a lidocaine mouthwash, and antibacterial, and antifungal mouth treatments and have lost my sense of taste.

It was only when I happened to speak with a friend that I learned the toothpaste could be the source of my problems. My friend got a lesion on the tip of her tongue that enlarged and enlarged until she stopped using Sensodyne. Then it went away but it took weeks to resolve.

I stopped using Sensodyne yesterday 8/14/18 and while the pain is subsiding, I will have to wait to see if it and the lesions resolve. But my gums are scarred and have pulled away from my teeth. Don't know yet how I can deal with that issue.

Please comment because if this is affecting a lot of people, something besides complaining will be in order.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Voluntary recall and reimbursement for medical costs and future medical costs.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Aug 15.

Comments