About a month ago I started suffering with a sore tooth. Seemed that the root was starting to become exposed and it was going to take quite awhile to get in to a dentist.

I chose to try Sensodyne Rapid Relief toothpaste. After a couple uses, my mouth became sore after brushing. It did relieve pain in the tooth, but the rest of my mouth got extremely sore. My lower gums started swelling and made eating painful and difficult.

I gave it the benefit of the doubt and continued using it, hoping that it was coincidence and that maybe something else caused the pain. After about 10 days I couldn't take it anymore.

I stopped using it and went back to Sensodyne Pronamel, which is what I used before trying the Rapid Relief.

Since starting the Pronamel and stopping the Rapid Relief, my mouth has started feeling better and swelling has gone down. I do not recommend Rapid Relief toothpaste, as I have not had a good experience with it.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments

Same symptoms, relieved it’s the toothpaste and I can stop using it, my face looks like I’ve done a round of with Mike Tyson when I wake up in the morning...horrible stuff

I bought my Sensodyne Rapid Relief, here in NJ, in July/Aug 2018. I suffered the same with excruciating pain around my entire gum line.

I'm a very longterm Sensodyne w/whitening user. I was having a separate issue and decided to try this Rapid Relief formula to hasten the discomfort from a dental procedure, since this was their BIG advertisement 'Rapid Relief'. This turned into a huge NIGHTMARE. It took weeks to recover and I WOULD ABSOLUTELY NOT RECOMMEND THIS PRODUCT TO ANYONE.

Bad batch???? Who knows. But why risk so much nerve pain for weeks.

I only used it 3 days. It also tasted horribly bitter.