My dentist recommended three months ago that I use Sensodyne repair and protect to help with loss of enamel and sensitive teeth. Soon afterwards my throat got really sore and my voice was hoarse.

I tried all the usual throat remedies like gargling with salt water, strepsils lozenges etc. In the end I went to the doctor and got antibiotics, but it didn't help at all. About a week ago I thought my new toothpaste might be causing it, and started using a natural Tom's of Maine toothpaste instead. After a few days of that the pain disappeared and my voice returned to normal.

I would not recommend Sensodyne repair and protect to anyone.

And, by the way, my enamel and sensitivity did not improve at all with it. So a lot of pain and worry for nothing.

Review about: Sensodyne Repair And Protect Toothpaste.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments

Having the same issue with sore throat. Glad I found the culprit.

In the trash it goes. Totally annoyed.

There is a common theme here. Don't recommend.

I have similar symptoms. Wonder if an ingredient in sensodyne has inhanced an allergy that has come on.

Allergies come on as we get older. It may be agravating the allergy. That is how I am aproaching my issue.

But I definitely have a red neck and lips after brushing teeth. Now has escalated to bad cough and chest pains.

I thought it was just me . I've had the exact same problems since starting to use the same toothpaste.

aliens_amoung_us
Las Cruces, New Mexico, United States #1350159

You just may have a reaction to it. I have used it for 10 years or so and haven't had any issues.

There's no way you can prove theses allegations.

Plenty of room for reasonable doubt ; without more evidence I'd toss your case.

It may well have irritated your throat and so could 1,000 other things.